Monday 7 December 2009

Heavenly bodies....(the other sort...)

It's that time again.....Over many years of decorating Christmas trees and watching my friends decorate theirs, my observation is that we all fall into one of two 'camps' when it comes to putting the final decorative touch on the top.....the star....







or the angel.....



I am definitely on the side of the angels (!) And not just at Christmas, may I add....







My fantasy garden would include hosts of them, enveloped in ivy and set amongst huge beds of white lilies, grieving madly.....











I'd have them on the walls too.....











This was so impressive, up close.....one of my very favourite Botticelli's at the Uffizi in Florence..






Another from my collection....this time at Osborne House on the Isle of Wight (I think!)








And lastly, when I stayed at a gorgeous hotel recently, I was so happy to see this on the wall!







Hope your angels guard you well this week.......s






3 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,
    I am with you on angels but I must say I have never found the perfect one. I am still hopeful that the perfect one will appear someday. I am hoping I have better luck in the UK. What a wonderful post....beautiful photos. I left a message on my last post for you. Happy for you to download the photo. Hope you have a great week..Jeannexo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Susie! We fall into the star category, but it is surrounded by all manner of angels on the tree. At the moment our tree is only decorated from waist level up....our 18 month old has wreaked havoc on everything else. It looks quite odd, but that's okay because it matches with the rest of the house.

    I've so enjoyed looking at your beautiful blog. I was about to recommend it to Millie at Laurel Hedge as I thought you would be right up her alley....and I saw you were already on her blog roll! It's lovely here. Meredith xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie

    I'm definitely an angel on top of the tree person. I love all your gorgeous images - your dream garden is going to be an amazing place. Leigh

    ReplyDelete