Wednesday 18 August 2010

Wedding Photography....but not as we know it..

OK - I confess that I wasn't too keen on the idea of a Vegas wedding but I have to admit right here that if they hadn't gone to Vegas, there's one thing they would have missed out on big time - the awesome talent of this lady:





Her name is Olga Wilson and she has a business in Vegas called Dott Photography - She puts a small selection of her work on the blog part of her website and it was there I have to say I saw the best wedding photography I think I have ever seen. Today, she posted some of the brilliant shots she took of Neil and Sam's wedding last week - I truly think they are the most innovative, clever and inspirational photos - she has captured the fun loving spirit of both the bride and the groom and given them a series of images of their special day so beautiful and original.....
Do you remember the days when wedding photography meant taking photos of the bride getting ready, the groom shaking hands with the best man, the happy couple standing in the doorway of the venue and some photos of all the relatives looking bored? (That was if you could round them all up at the same time and get them to stand still for long enough!) The result was usually an album filled with photos of wooden looking couples, nervous looking bridesmaids and startled guests which then gathered dust in a cupboard....not any more!
I sent the link to my GG in Sydney and got a reply to the effect that no matter where her wedding takes place, she is going to fly this talented girl to take her photos! (she must be good!)
Take a look & let me know what you think! http://www.dottphotography.com/

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing Susie - such an innovative photographer... (and thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog - she's back safely - I so hate that in between in flight section - at her Dad's but thank you also for your kind offers - very much appreciated)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went & had a drool over @ dott Susie & WOW!! Every image was so full of life & fun.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie....Somehow between reading your post and browsing the website I forgot to tell you that how much I loved seeing photography...so inspiring!!
    I still love the photo from the previous post, it is one of my absolute favourites..such a happy couple :)

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete