Thursday 7 January 2010

Kreativ Blogger award.....





I am so thrilled to have been given the 'Kreativ Blogger' award by the lovely Rita @ http://arefocusedlife.blogspot.com/ ......thank you so much Rita, as a very new girl to the blogging world I am so touched to be included in your list....Please forgive me for taking a few days to post this....am still not quite sure how these things work! I hope I am doing this correctly and if not, please let me know! I have to thank the person who nominated me & in this case, ask her to forgive me for being tardy - I obviously missed the original comment and didn't realise she had been so kind as to include me until I read Jeanne's post (sorry Rita, I will get up to speed, promise!), copy the logo & post it on my blog, link to the person who nominated me, list seven things others may not know about me, nominate seven creative bloggers to receive this award, post their links & leave a comment on each (phew....!!)


OK - here is my list:


1. As well as my GG I have two BB's (beautiful boys!!!) - all grown up and out in the big wide world....the eldest has two gorgeous babies & that makes me a very proud grandmama!

2. I have two passports! Australia & U.K....I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to live on both sides of the world!

3. I have worked in law, the cosmetics industry and a few other things besides....my most recent role was co-ordinating a meals on wheels service & a large team of volunteers in a Sydney hospital - I absolutely loved it and miss it every day....

4. I own hundreds of cookbooks....cooking (and eating I confess) are passions - I discovered early on that in order to do the latter well it's necessary to have some idea about the former...!

5. I just got (for Christmas actually) the first iPod I've ever owned.....!

6. I don't have a sweet tooth apart from one little exception - Allens red frogs - I have them shipped/sent/brought/posted at any/every opportunity and am willing to do (almost) anything to make sure I have a constant supply......

7. I just adore tea! The first of the day is always black with lemon & honey, moving on to english breakfast & earl grey and I couldn't even think of going to bed without a cup of my favourite rosie lea.....

Oh dear - I've completed the requisite seven but I have so much more to tell you.....!! I shall have to leave that to my seven 'nominees' who are:


Vitania @ 'Verdigris Vie'


I would have sent this on to Jeanne at 'Collage of Life' but she already has a nomination from Rita...

Also would have nominated Millie at The Laurel Hedge & Meredy at Count It All Joy but they have already been nominated by Jeanne!!!

So, Over to you ladies.........s









11 comments:

  1. Dear Susie,
    thank you so much for the lovely award. I hope that you wont mind if I take a few days to mull over my 7 things. It was lovely to hear yours. I love reading all these interesting things about peoples lives.
    Well done on your award. Your starting to rake them up and so you should. You have a lovely blog and I love coming over to The Mill House and reading your posts. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susie, that's kind of you; I'll have to have a good think about my 7 things. And maybe one day you'll post a picture of these addictive red frogs? I used to live in Bath, by the way, and it's my very favourite English city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun getting to know you too. This was a nice post. Thank you for stopping by and leaving such kind words.

    I'll be back!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a well deserved award, Susie. I love it here. I hope you're staying as warm as possible in what we hear in Australia is the "coldest UK winter in 100 years". Brrrr. Meredy xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Congratulations Susie
    Your blog always looks so lovely you certainly deserve to awarded...

    Now I was going to offer to bribe you with Red Frogs [I love them too] but see I don't need to.. ha ha... you are so sweet to think of me... I too will need to have a think about my 7 things...

    Thanks again.. Oh and you can never had too many Snow posts I say!! Well not when you are over here in the heat of summer!! hehe xx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Suzie,
    Congtulations and Thank you for naming me.
    I have done my post and hope I did it right.
    Thanks again and stay warm.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie

    Congratulations on your award - very well deserved! Thank you for including me in your list - it's great to be amongst such fabulous company. I hope you're staying warm and cosy! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for my award Susie - have now done my post and and nominated 7 others and thanks for the invaluable help too!! Hope you are not too cold, love, Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susie...great to read your post! I have two passports as well, USA and Australia. It is nice to know it is there..wouldn't it be nice to hop on a plane now!! Save that thought for another day. Those red frogs are yummy but I have to admit I have a real weakness for Arnotts mint slices...it is best if we are separated several continents as I can not stop at just one!
    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have # 4 & # 7 in common Susie - MOTH gave me a bright blue iPod for Chrissie & I just love it! I'm also a cookbook fanatic, although I have made a big effort to curtail my addiction this past year. Lovely to hear more about you!
    Millie ^_^
    P.S. Thanks for the comment about the Millie pic, glad you didn't think I was bonkers at the look-a-like suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the nomination. I am a little slow when it comes to these things, but I will definitely work on a 7 fave things..:-)

    I love cooking and eating too..:-)

    Vitania

    ReplyDelete