Sunday 8 November 2009

Rainy Sunday.....& poppies......

I realised this morning that RR has a meeting tomorrow at the MH and supplies were needed! After looking out the window and deciding that maybe what was in the storecupboard would have to do, I gathered flour, butter, eggs, spices, sugar and as I usually do when spending time in the kitchen, turned on Radio 4.....
I heard the last post playing and looked at the clock....checked the date...and turned up the volume a little...such poignant stories and sad, sad recollections....brave women coping with life changing loss & mostly with a fortitude I'm not sure I could muster...






My heart went out to those wives, mothers and daughters whose loved ones aren't coming home to tea......s






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful images and post Susie.... X And, am sure the apple pie creation was well appreciated too....

    ReplyDelete